1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT. When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Work Design for the operation of the Subscription Service, to maintain quality of the Subscription Service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Work Design Magazine Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number. The personal information we collect at workdesign.com falls into three categories: • information voluntarily supplied by visitors to the site when they access resources, which may include name, postal address, industry type, and e-mail address• internal tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our website (known as “cookies”); and • information supplied by visitors to the site when they upload or provide images or stories to the site.
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites and to improve the Subscription Service;
- send information or Work Design content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote events to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
We use the information collected through our Subscription Service by our customers for the following purposes:
- to provide the Subscription Service (which may include the detection, prevention and resolution of security and technical issues);
- to respond to customer support requests; and
- otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the Work Design Customer Terms of Service.
Social Media Features
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Website, our customers, and users of the Subscription Service and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
Work Design Magazine Partners
In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Work Design on the Website and the Subscription Service. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
4. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES. Workdesign.com uses information collected by “cookies” for tracking purposes and to enhance users’ experience with the site. We may also use such information to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
5. UPDATING / CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may access, update, or delete it by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. For your convenience, our site will offer a variety of links to other websites that we don’t operate and will provide access to products and services offered by third parties. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies, or no policy at all, and workdesign.com is not responsible for the ways in which these sites and services use the Personal Information you provide to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites or services before providing any of them your personal information.
7. SURVEYS, COMPETITIONS, AND CONTESTS From time to time, our site requests information from Users via surveys, competitions, or contests. Participation in these surveys, competitions, or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name, email address, company, etc.) and sometimes demographic information. The same contact information provided will be used to notify the winners (i.e., false information may result in workdesign.com’s inability to notify a winner accordingly). Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of workdesign.com.
8. SECURITY. The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is very important to workdesign.com, and we have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect against unlawful access to or use of the Personal Information in our possession. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
9. PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN. None of the workdesign.com content is directed at children, and workdesign.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may use workdesign.com only with the involvement and authorization of a parent or guardian. Parents, please monitor your children’s use of the Internet.
10. WHAT USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION NEED TO KNOW By law, users in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland have certain rights with respect to their Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing email@example.com.
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data by emailing privacy@workdesigncom. You may also be able to correct some of this information directly by making updates to your account/user profile.
Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Work Design Magazine’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
12. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Effective Date: November 17, 2015
Updated: May 25, 2018