Our weekly round up of workplace news from around the web.
New image of Amazon’s “urban treehouse” tower in Seattle. Image courtesy of Graphite Design Group Rendering via GeekWire.
- Entrepreneur Magazine outlines five ways to advance your company with Gen Z (and cites our recent article on the rise of Gen Z!).
- Microsoft is planning a multibillion-dollar overhaul of their Redmond, Washington campus, adding space for 8,000 more workers and creating areas for collaboration and recreation. Read more about the plans from Bloomberg.
- Just as CityLab predicted, the bids for Amazon’s HQ2 are escalating – more cities are offering outrageous economic incentives to woo the corporation’s second headquarters to town.
- GeekWire revealed photos and more information about Amazon’s newest office tower, a 17-story structure in Seattle, designed with an “urban treehouse” theme in mind.
- [SPONSORED] The new book Cultivating a Creative Culture details how businesses can make their office environments more conducive to employees doing their best work. It covers everything from healthy office space configuration, to areas set aside for creative problem solving, to the value of Swedish ‘fika’ and spots tailored to pausing for a coffee break.