Companies are kicking off their former drab office surroundings — which can inhibit productivity and dampen moods — and opting to use commercial glass in their workplace designs. Why? Well, mainly because letting in the natural light can invigorate spaces and motivate workers.
But like all things in life, commercial glass has both perks and downsides. For example, all the sun’s natural light means designers need to choose glass that’s not going to thermally heat up in summer, which can send electricity bills skyrocketing.
So here are a few primary things to consider when checking out commercial glass options for your workplace.
- Glass is a versatile material that impacts thermal performance, light, safety, and acoustics. Get the help of an experienced and knowledgeable glacier to determine the best commercial glass appropriate for you.
- Great designers will want to know if your commercial glass selection is natural clear, tinted, or colored. Each has its benefits on people, the environment outside, the workplace design itself, and even as highlights to the office decor.
- If your office is in a busy part of town with lots of development or bustling noise outside, then opt for a double-glazed glass. The intrusive noise from outside will be softened or blocked entirely, depending upon the grade you select.
- Using the correct commercial glass can help you cut electricity expenses by up to 60 percent. Tinted commercial glass also has the ability to keep out the heat and let in the cold light in summer, whereas in winter it acts on the reverse. The correct glass can bring these economic benefits.
- Focus on safety while choosing your commercial glass, especially if your workplace is located in a high traffic point. Your glacier will be able to provide tough laminated glass that will not break easily should there be an accident. This will be safer for the staff working inside.
With the help of a good glacier, you can install the right glass material for your office. And with all of the economic, visual, and productivity benefits that come with great commercial glass, your staff surely will thank you for it.